Saturday, July 16, 2011

Savior in the Old Testament

Jesus says they should have recognized Him from the Scripture.

John 5:39-40
39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
NKJV

Peter says that ALL the prophets spoke about Jesus.

Acts 3:24
24 Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days.
NKJV

Acts 10:43
43 He is the one all the prophets testified about, saying that everyone who believes in him will have their sins forgiven through his name."
NLT

God called Him the seed of a woman.

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel."
NKJV

Abraham called Him a lamb.

Gen 22:8
8 And Abraham said, "My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering." So the two of them went together.
NKJV

Jacob called Him the Angel who has redeemed me.

Gen 48:16
16 The Angel who has redeemed me from all evil,
NKJV

God Called Him the Angel in the cloud that would go before them.

Ex 23:20-23

"Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him. 22 But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries. 23 For My Angel will go before you and bring you in to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites and the Hivites and the Jebusites; and I will cut them off.
NKJV

Jesus was in the Pillar of Cloud by day and in the Pillar of Fire by night.

Num 14:14-15
They have heard that You, LORD, are among these people; that You, LORD, are seen face to face and Your cloud stands above them, and You go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and in a pillar of fire by night.
NKJV

Moses called Him a prophet like me.

Deut 18:15
"The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren.
NKJV

Samuel called Him The Angel of the Lord and The Judge.

Judg 2:1-2
Then the Angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: "I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, 'I will never break My covenant with you.
NKJV

Judg 11:27
27 Therefore I have not sinned against you, but you wronged me by fighting against me. May the LORD, the Judge, render judgment this day between the children of Israel and the people of Ammon.'"
NKJV

Nathan (or Gad) called Him Savior.

2 Sam 22:3
3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.
NKJV

Job called Him my Redeemer (some versions, my Vindicator.)

Job 19:25
25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
NKJV

David called Him my Redeemer and Savior.

Ps 19:14
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.
NKJV

Ps 106:21-22
21 They forgot God their Savior,
Who had done great things in Egypt,
22 Wondrous works in the land of Ham,
Awesome things by the Red Sea.
NKJV

Solomon called Him a Redeemer.

Prov 23:11
11 For their Redeemer is mighty;
NKJV

Isaiah called Him Redeemer and Savior.

Isa 43:14
14 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,
The Holy One of Israel:
NKJV

Isa 43:3
3 For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
NKJV

Jeremiah called Him Redeemer and Savior.

Jer 14:8
8 O the Hope of Israel, his Savior in time of trouble,
NKJV

Jer 50:34
34 Their Redeemer is strong;
The LORD of hosts is His name.
NKJV

Ezekiel called Him LORD, sanctifier of Israel.

Ezek 37:27-28
28 The nations also will know that I, the LORD, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore."'"
NKJV

Daniel called Him the Ancient of Days.

Dan 7:22
22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.
NKJV

Hosea called Him the Holy One and Savior.

Hos 11:12
But Judah still walks with God,
Even with the Holy One who is faithful.
NKJV

Hos 13:4
4 "Yet I am the LORD your God
Ever since the land of Egypt,
And you shall know no God but Me;
For there is no savior besides Me.
NKJV

Joel called Him LORD who acquits them of the guilt.

Joel 3:21
21 For I will acquit them of the guilt of bloodshed, whom I had not acquitted;
For the LORD dwells in Zion."
NKJV

Amos called Him the Pride of Jacob.

Amos 8:7
7 The LORD has sworn by the pride of Jacob:
"Surely I will never forget any of their works.
NKJV

Obediah calls Him the King.

Obad 21
21 Deliverers will go up to Mount Zion in Jerusalem to rule over the mountains of Edom. And the LORD himself will be king!"
NLT

Jonah draws a picture of Him as our Teacher.

Jonah 4:9-11
9 Then God said to Jonah, "Is it right for you to be angry because the plant died?"

"Yes," Jonah retorted, "even angry enough to die!"

10 Then the LORD said, "You feel sorry about the plant, though you did nothing to put it there. And a plant is only, at best, short lived. 11 But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals. Shouldn't I feel sorry for such a great city?"
NLT

Micah called Him the One to be Ruler in Israel.

Mic 5:2
2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Though you are little among the thousands of Judah,
Yet out of you shall come forth to Me
The One to be Ruler in Israel,
Whose goings forth are from of old,
From everlasting."
NKJV

Habakkuk called Him Your Anoined.

Hab 3:13
13 You went forth for the salvation of Your people,
For salvation with Your Anointed.
NKJV

Zephaniah called Him a Mighty Savior (some versions Mighty One.)

Zeph 3:17
17 For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."
NLT

Zechariah called Him the Branch and your King.

Zech 3:8
For behold, I am bringing forth My Servant the BRANCH.
NKJV

Zech 6:12-13
12 Then speak to him, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, saying:
"Behold, the Man whose name is the BRANCH!
From His place He shall branch out,
And He shall build the temple of the LORD;
13 Yes, He shall build the temple of the LORD.
He shall bear the glory,
And shall sit and rule on His throne;
So He shall be a priest on His throne,
And the counsel of peace shall be between them both."'
NKJV

Zech 9:9
"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold, your King is coming to you;
He is just and having salvation,
Lowly and riding on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a donkey.
NKJV

Malachi calls Him the Sun of Righteousness.

Mal 4:2
2 "But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture.
NLT

Mary the Mother of Jesus called Him Savior.

Luke 1:47
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton, uggs on sale, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ugg boots, michael kors, michael kors outlet, longchamp, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, louboutin shoes, jordan shoes, louboutin, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, prada handbags, tory burch outlet, prada outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses

Unknown said...

toms shoes, ugg boots uk, barbour jackets, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, doke gabbana outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour, swarovski, canada goose, lancel, moncler, ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, coach outlet, canada goose, wedding dresses, karen millen, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, replica watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, pandora charms, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, converse outlet, supra shoes, moncler, moncler, canada goose outlet, bottes ugg, juicy couture outlet, doudoune canada goose, hollister, links of london, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, montre pas cher, moncler, marc jacobs
ninest123 16.01

menna said...

تاتش
عزل خزانات دبى
عزل مسابح دبى

deraz said...

موقع المحترفون
اعمال صبغ ودهانات بدبى
صباغ فى دبى