Voting according to how a candidate stands on issues is important, but I think how they stand on values in American society today is more important.
Four years is a long time and the issues will change, but the values of the candidate should not change. Decisions on the current issues and the emerging issues should be guided by the same value system.
So I have decided to announce today that I will NOT be running for the office of President of the United States, but if I did, these are the values in American society today that I would take with me.
1. Jesus is the ONLY way to God!
2. Life begins at conception.
3. Don't spend more than you make.
4. Walk softly and carry the biggest stick.
5. The Consitution is the law of the land. If you don't like it, then change it, BUT don't ignore it.
Now, those seem pretty obvious to me, but for some reason Washington D.C. (on BOTH sides of the isle) keeps making laws and rules that violate all of the above values in American Society.
I have read the end of The Book and it says that we as a people fail miserably. So far I think we are right on track to do just that.
So what are your values in American society?